Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fashion on Films: W.E directed by Madonna

The cinema has always been a huge influence on every artist. Almost everything I do is inspired by a motion pictures I previously watched. Its so easy to be instantly inspired by a movie when you’re sitting in a dark theater, and you’re only focused on one thing. The plot, the characters, the way the camera moves. Its an absolute different type of inspiration from scrolling through pictures online. You’re not only looking at those photos but you’re also on Facebook. Your attention is not fully on the art. making it harder to be inspired. make sense? enough about my theories...
Fashion and Films go hand and hand. It was my goal this summer to watch as many fashion forward movies as I can since I had no plans at all for my 3 months off. But instead I got a job and am working at least 28 hours a week. such a fail. ANYWAYS, I recently found out Madonna has made her directorial debut in the upcoming romatic drama entitle W.E about "a modern-day New Yorker obsessed with the royal love story between Britain’s King Edward VIII and American divorcee Wallis Simpson” OH MY GOSH THIS MOVIE IS ABOUT MY FIXATION OF THE ROYALS... just kidding. i’m no new yorker. yet.  
Shots from the September issue of Vanity Fair. Preview of the stars of Madonnas film and whats to come in future fashion film inspiration. 


MAY THE WARDROBE LUST TRULY BEGIN. 
















 Arianne Phillips [A Single Man, Walk the Line] is involved. Seriously, need I say more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment